First Baptist Church, Portland
Monday, January 26, 2015
FIRST BAPTIST CHURCH, PORTLAND, TEXAS
The Financial Secretary is responsible to the Pastor for maintaining the church’s financial and giving records.
Job Classification: Part-time Support Staff
1. Keep all financial records pertaining to the church and work closely with the Stewardship Committee in preparing budget reports.
2. Maintain all giving records and prepare weekly bank deposits.
3. Maintain confidentiality concerning all church giving records.
4. Assemble all invoices and statements of accounts payable and disburse these funds in a timely manner. Prepare reports for employee insurance records and Social Security.
5. Prepare payroll on a semi-monthly basis.
6. Perform year end procedures that pertain to the financial areas of the church.
6. Maintain Church Personnel records.
7. Comply with all established church policies and procedures as well as all applicable federal and state laws.
8. Perform other duties as assigned.